Fatigue is a Communication
Fatigue – common in occurrences, diverse in causes, yet mysterious in many ways. Here is an attempt to put down an integrative review on causes, identification & means to cope with fatigue.
A. Fatigue – Common Critical Contributors:
The causes of fatigue may hugely vary due to disturbances across mental & physical levels; from benign to a warning sign; however it would nice to know a few common causes:
- Physical Over activity & Physical Inactivity – Both are an abuse of human body in opposite ways.
- Stress – Stress & fatigue have a well-established cause to effect connection under the disease entity “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”.
- Imbalanced Diet & Micronutrient deficiencies.
- Systemic Illness – Hypothyroidism, Asthma, Diabetes, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Infections, Recovery from an acute illness.
- Medications – Steroids, Beta Blockers (Hypertension medications), Sulphonylureas (Oral Anti Diabetic Drug; – tiredness may be an accompaniment with hypoglycaemia)
B. Fatigue is an early communication rendered by the body – Identify it
It is a great challenge to identify the causes of your fatigue; most importantly to know whether it’s a benign cause or a threat calling; here’s a list of few questions to help you identify possible implications of your fatigue.
- Are you putting on weight along with fatigue? – It may be fatigue due Metabolic Syndrome, Hypothyroidism or possibly Type 2 Diabetes
- Are you on any medications? – Certain medications may cause fatigue as a side effect.
- Are you losing weight drastically with your fatigue? – It may be a sign of certain infections, severe undiagnosed Diabetes & possible malignancies. A new class of Diabetes medications called SGLT-2 Inhibitors may also cause weight loss & fatigue in some individuals at beginning of therapy.
- Do you suffer recurrent episodes of fatigue? – This may be due to poor nutrition or myopathies (muscle diseases).
- Are you overworked mentally or physically & your fatigue is associated with generalised body aches? – Your fatigue could be due to stress on body & mind.
C. Fighting Your Fatigue – Supreme Role of Self Involvement
- Sleep Well – Sound sleep is the safest and under estimated effective medicine for many illnesses.
- Meditation – Deep breathing exercises are safe means to calm your nerves.
- Recreational Activities – Doing anything that you love or are passionate about, are wonderful stress busters; this may include activities like gym-ing, dancing, singing, going for a long drive, travelling, etc.
- Nutrition – A balanced diet customised to your lifestyle can go a long way to beat your fatigue. Seek help of natural supplements like Rhodiola$, Ginseng$$ – which are clinically proven stress adaptogens.
- If you have signs of drastic weight loss & recurrent episodes of unexplained fatigue – seek medical advice.
- Be watchful towards other signs & symptoms associated with fatigue.
- Make peace with yourself; communicate your dejections – Nothing is worth achieving in life at the cost of your health.
Obtain benefit from Australian Made & Owned Zifam products
Fatigue is common, yet a complex body gesture; try to decipher it; & you will defeat it!!.
Always read the label before use.
This article is an attempt to educate the patient; it is by no means a replacement for individualistic medical advice.
© 2016. Zifam Pinnacle Pty. Ltd.